The Harris Federation offer a comprehensive careers education programme that is delivered in variety of ways. Careers advisers deliver some of the programme:
Which may include:
- Group Talks (these can be career specific)
- One to one Guidance interviews
- Drop in appointments
However, all students in years 7-13 are entitled to:
- Access to a planned careers programme relevant to their year group
- Access to a qualified, impartial and independent careers adviser for personalised guidance
- Access information about the world of work and labour market
- Access information and guidance about higher education, training and employment opportunities
- Develop personal and enterprise skills to improve their employability
- Find out about technical education qualifications and apprenticeships opportunities, as part of a careers programme, which provides information on the full range of education and training options available at each transition point.
- Hear from a range of local providers about the opportunities they offer, including technical education and apprenticeships, through options events, assemblies and group discussions and taster events.
- Be informed about how to make applications for the full range of academic and technical courses.
- Access to a curriculum rich in information about careers and the world of work.
- Access a programme of CEIAG which challenges stereotypes and discrimination, and promotes equality and diversity in training and in the workplace.
Throughout a student’s education at the Harris Federation, we will support them to develop the key skills required to make a successful transition into Higher Education/degree level apprenticeships/employment.